Louisiana’s Motion Picture Production Program is one of the country’s oldest and most successful film incentive programs, providing tax credits up to 40% on qualified expenditures, including resident and non-resident labor.
- Provides up to a 40% tax credit (25% base credit; 10% increase for Louisiana screenplay productions, 5% increase if outside of the New Orleans Metro Statistical Area).
- $50,000 minimum in-state expenditure requirement for Louisiana screenplay productions.
- $300,000 minimum in-state expenditure requirement on all other eligible productions.
- The maximum amount of credits that can be issued is $150 million per fiscal year.
- The maximum amount of credits that can be claimed is $180 million per fiscal year.
- Tax credits may be used to offset personal or corporate income tax liability in Louisiana.
- Tax credits may be transferred back to the State for 90% of face value (requires a 2% transfer fee which results in an 88% net).
For more information, including eligibility and application process, visit louisianaentertainment.gov