Louisiana's Motion Picture Investor Tax Credit provides motion picture productions up to a 30% transferable tax credit on total qualified in-state production expenditures, including resident and non-resident labor. For productions using in-state labor, Louisiana offers an additional 10% payroll tax credit.
- Provides up to a 40% transferable tax credit.
- $50,000 threshold for local Louisiana productions meeting certain qualifications.
- $300,000 minimum in-state expenditure requirement.
- For fiscal years 2016-2018 the maximum amount of credits that can be claimed per fiscal year is $180 million.
- Tax credits may be used to offset personal or corporate income tax liability in Louisiana.
- Tax credits may be transferred to Louisiana taxpayers.
- Tax credits may be transferred back to the State for 85% of face value; however, the state is not accepting transfers between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016.
- An array of changes have impacted this program. View Summary of impacts.
For estimates regarding the availability of funds, please visit the Louisiana Department of Revenue.